A smart phone app that will allow users to register their landline and cell phones on the Mississippi No Call List was unveiled Wednesday by the state Public Service Commission.
The “MS No-Call” App, available for both Apple and Android devices, also allows individuals to file complaints against illegal callers directly from their phone at no cost.
“We want to empower people by placing a tool literally in their hands to help us get at these predatory telemarketers,” PSC Chairman Brandon Presley said. “This free app was a long time coming, and I know it will revolutionize the way we track down the lawbreakers and shut their call operations down.”
The commission began development of the app last year to create a faster, up-to-date way to sign up and file complaints. It’s goal was that the app be free to all customers to use.
Consumers can download the app in the Apple App Store or Google Play by searching “MS No Call” and instantly be connected to the No Call Database.
The commission provided these easy steps to file complaints once the app is on your phone:
1. Depending on your device, open the App Store or Google Play and search for the free “MS No Call” App
2. On the home screen of the app select “file a complaint.”
3. Enter your registered number the first time. The app will save your number for future complaints.
4. Enter the telemarketer’s telephone number and let us know if they contacted you via phone call or text message.
5. Enter the date and time of the communication and select “Next.”
6. Answer the questions on the next page and tell us what the caller was trying to sell you.
7. Submit your complaint.
For more information about Mississippi’s No Call Law, visit www.psc.state.ms.us or call 1-800-637-7722
EXCEPT it doesn’t work. At least on an Android, it won’t register.
tired of all these phone call everyday and they change the number when you call them back
Comments are closed.