Unless otherwise noted, you can republish Mississippi Today’s stories for free under a Creative Commons license.
Here’s what you need to know:
- You have to credit Mississippi Today. We prefer “Author Name, Mississippi Today” in the byline with a link to mississippitoday.org or the URL of the story you’re sharing. If you’re not able to add the byline, please include a line at the top of the story that reads: “This story was originally published by Mississippi Today” and include a link to mississippitoday.org.
- You must link to our website and include all of the links from our story.
- You can’t edit our stories, except to reflect relative changes in time, location and editorial style.
- You cannot republish our photographs, illustrations or graphics without specific permission (contact our managing editor Harvey Parson for more information).
- Our stories may appear on pages with ads, but not ads specifically sold against our stories.
- You can’t sell or syndicate our stories.
- You can only publish select stories individually — not as a collection.
- Any web site our stories appear on must include a contact for your organization.
- If you share our stories on social media, please tag us in your posts using @MSTODAYnews on Facebook and @MSTODAYnews on Twitter.
- You must include a rel=canonical tag that points back to the original story on Mississippi Today. This tells the search engines that the story is from us. This is usually a setting in your Content Management System (CMS).
You can easily grab our URL for the story or copy and paste the story copy into your CMS (be sure to provide the proper link and attribution as stated above).
If you have any other questions, contact our web editor Lauchlin Fields.