Job Description and Qualifications:
- Leading role in planning, implementing and managing Mississippi Today’s marketing and branding strategy and outreach.
- Candidates for this position should have 1-2 years of experience of marketing and/or communications experience for a professional organization.
- Responsible for statewide marketing of our efforts and will connect with community organizations to develop partnerships in all corners of the state.
- Position will help to spread our brand and answer questions about why our organization is needed in the state as well as any questions surrounding the nonprofit news and why the model works.
- Take the lead for developing venues for promotion for our public conversations and planning events.
- Develop smaller community events in every region of the state focusing on matters of interest in those specific areas. Events will be free to the public with live streaming available and links on our site to archived videos of events.
- Assist with advertising sales and major support from sponsors for underwriting and special programming.
- Seek out new avenues of financial support and assist with development and implementation of long-term fundraising strategic plan.
- College degree in journalism, public policy, marketing, communications or equivalent study is preferred.
What You’ll Get:
- The opportunity to work alongside award-winning journalists and make significant contributions to Mississippi’s FIRST nonprofit, nonpartisan digital news and information source.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- We have a modern office environment with plenty of natural light with an office-wide view of a beautiful wooded area.
- To work in a culture with passionate, creative, diverse and dedicated teammates to create and grow the organization.
How to Apply:
- Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and a resume to email@example.com with Marketing and Branding Manager in the subject line.