Job Description and Qualifications:
- Candidates for this position should have 5 years or more of experience editing and managing news professionals in a newsroom setting. Experience in working with investigative reporters is a plus. A college degree is preferred.
- Candidate will work in conjunction with co-editors to plan and edit daily flow of stories and videos. This editor also will manage presentation of content on the Mississippi Today website and mobile devices, ensuring stories are placed according to their news value and presented with dynamic headlines and engaging visuals. In addition, the managing editor will coordinate future coverage with Mississippi Today co-editors. This job calls for directing and editing both experienced writers and young reporters who are still learning.
- Candidate will take the lead in managing recruitment of both full time staff and potential interns. The person hired for this position will be expected to represent Mississippi Today at state, regional and national journalism gatherings for promotion and recruitment purposes.
What You’ll Get:
- The opportunity to work alongside award-winning journalists and make significant contributions to Mississippi’s FIRSTnonprofit, nonpartisan digital news and information source.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- To work in a culture with passionate, creative, diverse and dedicated teammates to create and grow the organization.
How to Apply:
- Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and a resume to [email protected]g with Managing Editor in the subject line.