Job Description and Qualifications:
• This position will work directly with the Chief Operating Officer, Development Director and Marketing and Branding Director on a variety of projects.
• Assist with financial data entry, deposits, accounts payable/receivable, donor tax substantiation letters, and other financial items as needed.
• Assist with various donor communications and mailings such as welcome packets, email blasts, thank you notes, assistance around public events, etc.
• Assist with automation and integration of processes related to donors, billing, and other processes as needed.
• Assist with building our contacts list and maintaining donor/member databases.
• Maintain and enhance relationships with donors and sponsors
• Assist with coordination and planning of public events throughout the state
• Assist with development of standard forms, employee handbook, code of conduct, and other policies and procedures as needed.
• Handle day-to-day administrative needs, office supply orders, filing, assist with employee questions, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel. Experience with Quickbooks preferred.
• College degree is preferred.
What You’ll Get:
• The opportunity to work alongside award-winning journalists and make significant contributions to Mississippi’s FIRST nonprofit, nonpartisan digital news and information source.
• Competitive salary and benefits package.
• We have a modern office environment with plenty of natural light with an office-wide view of a beautiful wooded area.
• To work in a culture with passionate, creative, diverse and dedicated teammates to create and grow the organization.
How to Apply:
• Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and a resume to [email protected] with Business Services Assistant in the subject line.