Today, people all around the world are coming together to strengthen communities at the grassroots level. Will you be one of them? We are one of the participating organizations and we need your help!
By joining the #GivingTuesdayNow movement with us, you’re investing in the idea that communities are stronger with access to local journalism. Our priority is reporting to you, but we can’t do it without the support of our readers.
Here is how you can participate:
1. Give. Our members donate at all levels—from $5 to $50 a month. Please make a donation here.
2. Follow. Please follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and invite your friends to do the same.
3. Spread the word! Encourage your friends and family to join you in creating real impact by sharing what our mission means to you and why you support our organization. Make sure to use hashtags #MSTodayMember and #GivingTuesdayNow. Here are just a few recent examples of what our members have said:
- “I believe that we can do better and Mississippi Today is a catalyst for that.”
- “Democracy would be in jeopardy without you all.”
- “I want more truth tellers in the world. I want to support our local newsrooms.”
Our goal is to break 1,000 members by the end of the day. On this day of giving, I hope you’ll join together with the more than 950 Mississippi Today members who voluntarily pay to support our nonprofit newsroom.
I’d rather make a yearly donation
I’d rather make a one-time donation
Need to know more before making a donation? Learn more about our spring campaign and membership program.