The Mississippi Department of Archives and History is awarding almost $2 million in grants to help preserve and restore courthouses and schools and other historic properties. Among the grants announced Friday:
• $210,480 for the LaPointe-Krebs House in Pascagoula to preserve the building’s mid-18th century characteristics;
• $160,000 for restoration of the M&O Depot in Aberdeen;
• $128,916 to repair the bell tower at City Hall in Yazoo City;
• $75,447 for rehabilitation of the Southern Cultural Heritage Foundation Convent in Vicksburg;
• $67,201 for roofing repair at the former West Point Colored High School in West Point.
• $59,648 for restoration of the Walthall County Courthouse in Tylertown.