Job Description and Qualifications:
- Candidates for this position should have 3-5 years of proven experience and knowledge of annual giving program implementation, donor development, as well as experience in the qualifications listed below.
- Develop and implement a long-term plan to build relationships with corporate partners or other significant donors to underwrite ongoing efforts, including plans to sponsor single or recurring events around our news coverage in venues around the state.
- Develop strategies for promoting new membership and maintaining member relationships to foster long-term relationships.
- In charge of planning and oversight of events throughout the year in to promote the MS Today brand and mission.
- Manage sales of digital advertising space and coordinate advertising placement on the various platforms (desktop, mobile, social media, etc.).
- Develop new, and reinforce existing, relationships with foundations to explore and secure long-term opportunities for potential support (grants and other) for our efforts.
- Develop, with the management team, annual budget and multi-year forecasts for marketing, advertising, corporate sponsorships, memberships, foundations and other potential revenue streams.
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written, and people-focused with strong interpersonal skills. Politically and technologically savvy.
- College degree in marketing, business, journalism, public policy or equivalent study is preferred.
What You’ll Get:
- The opportunity to work alongside award-winning journalists and make significant contributions to Mississippi’s FIRST nonprofit, nonpartisan digital news and information source.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- We have a modern office environment with plenty of natural light with an office-wide view of a beautiful wooded area.
- To work in a culture with passionate, creative, diverse and dedicated teammates to create and grow the organization.
How to Apply:
- Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and a resume to email@example.com with Development Director in the subject line.